TOP NEWS

Reaching For Clear Skies.

Monday, December 12, 2016

LUSH - My Guilty Pleasure


I discovered Lush a few months back. Throughout the whole year, I wanted to start looking after my skin more, but I had no idea what I was doing in regards to creams and serums. They were FUCKING EXPENSIVE. A bottle of cream or serum started around $50, and I had no idea wtf was in it, nor did I know if it works well. I wasn't ready to dish out $100-200 for a shitty skin routine, and I also wasn't comfortable with all the chemicals involved.

I was at the shops one day and I walked by the Lush store, so I asked Denne to go in and have a look. First thing that really blew me away was that the whole shop had this beautiful smell to it. I didn't know what I was looking at. There were colours everywhere and things in odd shapes. I was lost af. Some lady came up to me and asked if there was anything I was looking for. I said it was my first time, so I had no idea wtf I'm doing. But I was interested in facial skin care. She showed me a facial wash. 
'Angels on bare skin'. I was not a of how it smelled, but god damn did it make my skin feel smooth. She did a demo on my hand, and from them on, I fucking fell in love with Lush. She then did a demo with one of their face lotions, 'Vanishing cream'. They weren't kidding when they said vanishing cream. I usually HATE face creams, because it makes my face feel like an oily, greasy mess. But I could put this on under my makeup (which is usually just eyeliner LOL), without it feel heavy throughout the day. I was IMPRESSED. 'Vanishing Cream', 'Sex Bomb' and 'Yuzu and Cocoa Bubbleroon' were my first ever products from Lush.



Sex Bomb has been my absolute favourite bath boom so far. It makes my skin feel so bloody smooth I didn't know it was possible. All I have to do is lay there and chill. No effort what so ever. 


That was my first visit. My face felt very smooth just from the bath bomb, and there was a significant improvement in the texture of my face from using the cream everyday or so. I was very very very impressed. So I went for my second visit, looking for something for my body. I am not a fan of the soap that I use at home, it makes my skin feel rough and dry. It feels like it isn't just pulling all the gunk off my skin, but it was also ripping off all the oils on my skin. It just feels super dry and I didn't like that. Hence I went in with the intention of getting something that exfoliates my skin but at the same time, keeps my skin smooth and happy. A guy working there (who's personality I love btw) showed me their most popular shower scrub, 'Ocean salt'. I didn't like the smell, so he gave me the 'Rub Rub Rub' and I fell in love. It has this sweat yet salty smell that really appealed to me. I tried it on my skin, and after washing it out, my lord did the back of my hand feel smooth like a baby's ass. I picked up another 'Sex bomb' while I was at it. Along with 'Tisty Tosty' and 'The Christmas Penguin' bubble bar.




Look how precious that bloody penguin is... I just can't. I still haven't been able to use him yet. I feel as though 'Tisty Tosty' isn't as refreshing and soothing as 'Sex Bomb', though it does look very nice in the bath. I now use 'Rub Rub Rub' about twice or so a week for when I feel the need for extra oils on my skin. 

My third visit was at the city where I wanted a nice both lotion. I had a smell of everything around the shop, and I like the smell of 'Sympathy For The Skin'. My Buddha does it smell AMAZING. It smells like... a banana chocolate dessert. It smells so yummy, I just keep smelling myself when I use it. I have used it for nearly a month now, and my skin is SO SMOOTH HOLLY SHIT. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfY8Ih8dyUU

I watched a video of how they make it, and holly shit the amount of natural and raw ingredients that they put in there is mind blowing. They put a CRAP TONNE of banana in there. Again, I AM SO IMPRESSED. From here, I realised that I was getting obsessed with Lush. 

The fourth time I visited was today and I wanted a everyday soup bar. I chose 'Sandstone' because of the smell and the toning and exfoliating properties. Being the dumb ass I am, I didn't realised how sanding 'sandstone' would be... I know it sounds stupid. It was really rough on the skin when I didn't have enough water on me. But under running water, it mother fucking exfoliated alright. My ass has never been this smooth in my life. I've been feeling my ass nonstop today after using it. 'Sandstone' is definitely something that I will use once a week max, purely because of how rough it is, but it will most probably be something that I will keep repurchasing over and over again. 


I will be going back for a daily soup and maybe a bath bomb or two for my Christmas trip with Denne. Maybe he will be able to experience it with me :D

One thing that makes me love Lush even more is that Lush is TRULY cruelty free, animal testing free, hand made, all natural ingredients that are not from any living animal. They legit make it from fresh ingredients. They're cutting shit up like they are working in a kitchen ffs. It makes me feel safe that I am improving my skin without damaging it in some way with some chemical I have never heard of or understand. They also recycle all their containers ffs... you return ten tubes, you get a free face mask. YES PLEASE

Guess what I will be doing on boxing day? HAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUL

And yes... I know... I'm getting a TAD bit obsessive about it. But I love how my skin is feeling. Denne seems to feel the same about it too, he won't stop rubbing my thighs while driving. Actually, he won't stop rubbing me in general. Not to mention he is sniffing me a lot more often these days too. So plus on top of all the other pluses :D


0 comments: