TOP NEWS

Reaching For Clear Skies.

Saturday, October 21, 2017

1-800-273-8255

Man this song. I can't get over it. I've been listening to in on repeat for so many days in a row. I could relate to the pre-chorus and first verse so much. Maybe not so much now, but I've felt it. I've felt as though I was alone. No matter what I said, every says they get it and that everyone experiences it too. No one believed me. I've felt like I was out of my mind, as though I had absolutely no control of my life and who I am. I've felt like nobody could give a shit about what I was experiencing. Some people in my life wanted to help me, but it felt like it was more for themselves. Rather than helping me with what I needed, they forced their ideals onto me and told me how I should have acted or how I should have felt. Even when I became educated on what was going on with me and was more able to explain it, they didn't accept it because that wasn't how their brain functioned. They couldn't see why I'm like the way I am, and instead wanted me to be something else. I went through a low period where I had so little self-worth that I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed or to even care for myself physically. I know I was hurting deep down, but I couldn't show it.

The rest of the song almost felt as though they were talking to me. 

It's the very first breath
When your head's been drowning underwater
And it's the lightness in the air
When you're there
Chest to chest with the lover
It's holding on, though the road's long
And seeing light in the darkest things
And when you stare at your reflection
Finally knowing who it is
I know that you'll thank God you did

I know where you been, where you are, where you goin'
I know you're the reason I believe in life
What's the day without a little night?
I'm just tryna shed a little light
It can be hard
It can be so hard
But you gotta live right now
You got everything to give right now

Pain don't hurt the same, I know
The lane I travel feels alone
But I'm moving 'til my legs give out
And I see my tears melt in the snow
But I don't wanna cry
I don't wanna cry anymore
I wanna feel alive
I don't even wanna die anymore

Oh I don't wanna
I don't wanna
I don't even wanna die anymore

I've cried so many times to this song that I've lost count. I still have a long way to go. I'm grateful for every step I've taken so far, and for the people who have been there for each one.


0 comments: