TOP NEWS

Reaching For Clear Skies.

Friday, July 31, 2015

Ahri le cockatiel

I turns out that Ahri might actually be a boy T_T
YAY BIRDIE PUBERTY!!!! (not really)
She is starting her first molt. It is still going to take another month or two before she actually drops all her baby feathers for new big birdie feathers. The 4 or so tail feathers that have grown out are all solid grey ._. The baby feathers were barred so it is a pretty distinct difference. Ahri has also been REALLY attached to me. In the morning, Ahri wants to come out and play and just be ON me on way or another. I accidentally swung the cage door open when I took the night cover off her cage and didn't realise it happened before going back to sleep again. She ended up flopping to the ground, climbing my computer tower and then slowly making her way up my mattress just to plopping onto my face and chill. When I brush my teeth together with Ahri in the morning, shes always whistling. Shes whistling A CRAP TONNE! Shes copied quite a few sounds here and there. Her favourite sounds are a sucking sound, kissing sound and my samsung notification sound. Its a lot better than her screaming... SAhe whistles a lot more when Denne is around... Oh yeah, theres the beak banging and wing stretching.  Distinct courtship behaviour... fuck me ._.

0 comments: