TOP NEWS

Reaching For Clear Skies.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Its Different

I can't help but feel as though its so different now. I feel as though there is a total lack of intimacy between us and it sucks. I can't help but feel as though something is just missing from the relationship. Maybe everything has become so routine that there is no more excitement in the relationship. There doesn't seem to be any special meanings behind the little things we do, it seems as though it just turned from "They are doing it because I am special to them and because they love me dearly" to "Its just something they do". Because we are so comfortable, it seems as though it went from "I want to spoil them because they are special, I want to go out of my way" to "eh, I'll just do whatever I want to do" without thinking about what the other person needs. It's like the flaw in lone term relationships is being too comfortable. You get so comfortable that you think its ok to sit there and play games for hours on end without thinking about what the other person is doing. If they have anything to do while you indulge yourself in your fun time as they are just sitting in your room. You get so comfortable that you think that no matter what you want, they'd do for you without wanting anything in return. I feel as though we need to wake up here and there and realize that everybody has their own needs. Everyone has their own and maybe different sense of what is a good time and what is a horrible waste of time. Its terrible that two people who love each other dearly can so easily take each other for granted,  not carter to the other's needs and refuse to do things that are important to the other. But the sad thing is, you don't really do these things consciously. You don't want to take your partner for granted nor do you want them to be dissatisfied. But these things you do without thinking. You do it because you aren't critically thinking and actively analyzing both your relationship and you as a person. At this point, you need to put a lot of effort into pulling it back up. A lot of effort is needed to get out of certain habits that are straining your relationship. This can range from personality flaws or just bad habits, whether it's utter laziness and absentmindedness or acts of retaliation. If nothing is done, in due time, no matter what you do, nothing is going to change the fate of the relationship. 



With that being said, I still can't shake off the feeling that I need to get away. To not give up so much of my time. Maybe things will change for the better.

0 comments: