TOP NEWS

Reaching For Clear Skies.

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Reaching for Clear Skies

I'm reaching for clear skies. The past two years has been nothing put growth. 

Being consumed by my anxiety, I failed 3 out of 4 subjects in my second semester. I steadily increased my grades each semester, trying out and cementing new habits that are healthy for not only my studies, but also my mental health and over all well-being. Four semesters have passed, half a year of actively working with my demons with the help of the person that I love and the people that I admire, I have reached a point where I can be proud of myself. 


When I first started seeking help for the anxiety, I got half 5s and 6s. This semester was when most of the academic changes came into play, including study schedules, study methods etc. This, along with the anxiety management allowed me to reach further than I have ever reached. I am so grateful for all the academic and mental health support from Dr. Tan, and all the emotional support from Denne. I can honestly say that it was the first time I received nothing but support for my studies. Most of my life, it was blame and negativity, guilt tripping me into better grades. It obviously didn't work considering those fails. 

It goes to show, when someone is given the right tools, and the right support, they will succeed and flourish.

0 comments: