TOP NEWS

Reaching For Clear Skies.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Reflecting on the first half of 2017

Although exams are over, I still find myself still a bit overwhelmed and anxious. Partially, I'm worried about my grade for psychopathology. I wasn't aware that a majority of material is found in the textbook, with about half exclusively from it. the material was very different from what we were introduced to in the lectures. I'm just hoping not to fail that course at this point. I did very very well on all of my 2 dozen assignments except for one were it was about 67%. On the bright side, I will get my first 7 at university this semester. I initially thought I was going to get one 7 and 3 6s, but at this point, I'm worried about that last course. Grade are going to be released in a bit over a week, so the anticipation is getting to me. I'm worried that I won't pass psychopathology, the exam was very hard considering I did not cover the right topics in my weeks worth of revision. Additionally, I'm worried that a bad or failing grade will take a toll on me and the trip I'm taking on 5 days after the release of the results (10th June).

Also, Denne and I have had horrible luck when it comes to anything involving money. Denne forked out over 1k for some personal stuff. Then Mr.Nibbles suddenly got REALLY sick. It turns out, there was a giant hole in the bottom of his tongue. We assume it has been there for a very long time, considering there was necrosis in some areas. He had to get it stitched up, and be on pain medication for a whole week. That costed about 400$ all up. Then Denne probably got a speeding fine, and my samsung s8 dropped and the screen cracked. We have dished out a decent amount of money, even though we are trying so hard to properly save money for this trip. I'm hoping we can get about 3k in spending money, and I'm sure we can do it. But the amount of money we have forked out this last month or two is much more than we would like. 

Although this is all stressing me out quite a lot, reflecting on it has really helped me not reach the point of being overwhelmed. Firstly, I am so very grateful for Denne, as he is honestly taking the brunt of the costs so far. The money for the trip, is split pretty even 50/50, but lately Denne has been forking out most of the money for the vet bill and particularly for food. This was especially true, when I was studying for exams or had heaps of papers due within the same week. I have only been able to work a maximum of two days a week, which fetches me about $180 per week, which makes my spending money a cruddy $80 per week. This has to cover university stuff (ie. bus, food, materials for assignments etc) and everyday spending. My pride doesn't let me accept money from my parents, so Denne has to suffer for it. I'm in credibly thankful for Denne for his support, when I am unable to handle things by myself. He has also been there for my emotionally throughout this semester, which has been a particularly hard one for me to deal with. I have been trying to follow a new routine, which is much more career focused, than anything else. This semester has been much more challenging in regards to work load than any other semester I have every done. I lost count of the amount of academic articles I've read in order to complete the 8 or papers and essays. I haven written around 12000 words, done over a dozen quizzes, did presentation which scared the fuck out of me. I think I have achieved a lot this semester. I couldn't have done it without Denne's support the whole way through.

We had a lot of difficult times, where the both of us were incredibly busy. We didn't have time to see each other throughout the week. I was busy with university, and he was busy with work. But we made sure that both know that we are still thinking of each other. During the past two weeks, I can't help but constantly think of how grateful I am for Denne, and that I truly do love him. I think that since the beginning of this year, I've finally been able to comprehend what it is like to truly love someone. There is just this feeling I just can't put into words, but I know for sure that it has developed beyond the feelings I had for him before this year. I'm looking forward to spending time alone with Denne in Phuket, I think it'd do wonders for our relationship. 

Anywho, at the of the day, I have learnt to look at the ECP MUCH MORE CAREFULLY in order to understand what exactly is assessed in the final exams. Although a large majority of cases, lecture materials are about 80-90% of what is assessed, and the textbooks are just a study aid when you are struggling to keep up or understand the materials presented in the lectures, some courses incorporate a large amount of material from the textbook. This is something that I honestly should have known beforehand, and it's my own damn fault if I fail the psychopathology exam because of it. But all I can do at this point is to learn from it, and do well next time. I also learnt that I cannot expect phones to be as strong as they used to be, and take extra caution with handling it, considering I am the most buttery butter fingers to exist. Last, I have learnt to love and appreciate Denne more for what he does, because he genuinely loves me, and all he wants is for me to be happy and stress free (well... as much as I can be with this anxiety disorder hitching a ride).

Its funny how much this doggo reminds me of myself. Always stumbling over shit, literally and metaphorically. 

0 comments: