TOP NEWS

Reaching For Clear Skies.

Monday, January 19, 2015

People At Inala - Work Rant

Yeah... I need to blow some steam. I love working with my parents. Things have gotten a fuck tonne better between my parents and I because we've been spending a lot of time together at work. We have had more time to get to know each other a tad bit better and to adapt to each other. Anywho. My lord. I don't know why, I feel as though our restaurant attracts all the "special" people in inala. I hear and see the most fucked up shit...

Restaurant Don'ts (FYI)
1. NEVER, I repeat, NEVER, take ANYTHING off the tray of a waiter/waitress. The only reason that the x number of objects are not on the ground is because we are BALANCING THE OBJECTS ON A FREAKEN PLATE. When the items are placed onto the plate, there is a specific way that it was placed on, hence there is a specific way to get the items off. If not, it all goes to shits. If you take something off randomly, it will tip the whole plate over. Sometimes, I get people are trying to be helpful, but in that situation, just don't start grabbing it off the plate please. 

2. Don't give the server shit if the food comes out wrong. We just take your order and bring it into the chef. We don't make your food, the chef does. Just tell us it's wrong and we will scoot as fast as possible to get  it changed for you, we will be really apologetic for it too if you don't act like a total dickbag

3."Well this is how its don't at coffee club/sizzler/maccers/etc, you're doing it wrong!" Everyplace has its own way of doing things, if we did it exactly like coffee club, then what the fuck is the point of opening a shop. We might as well be a coffee club. If you don't like it that we only serve something a certain way, then just don't come back next time, go to the other placed. Its understandable. It's ok to be particular with your food and that doesn't make you an ass.Being a dickhead and causing a scene for no fucking reason is just retarded.

4. Don't make a scene if there is 1 teaspoon of something you don't like in your dish, Just take it out, you aren't going to die. I really don't get it sometimes. People get so insanely upset when there is a pinch of freaken shallots in their soup even though its not even that big of a deal. Even before I worked, I never made a fuss over something that is so insignificant. If you're allergic to something, that is completely understandable because that item is a risk to your well-being. If its not, then wtf? ITS NOT A BIG DEAL

5. "WHY ARENT YOU GLUTEN/MSG FREE. WHY DO YOU HAVE SO FEW VEGETARIAN FOODS? WHY AREN'T YOU VEGAN FRIENDLY? WHY DON'T YOU HAVE ANY OTHER GRAINS OTHER THAN WHITE?" I've had people yell at me for these things. It baffles me to thing of what they're like on a day to day basis. Do they go from restaurant to restaurant yelling and arguing with the staff about why the restaurant doesn't cater to them. That's just fucked up. Especially when you're going off at the servers. Keep in mind that the servers only work there, they aren't the bloody boss and they can't decide what dishes the restaurant sells. So, just don't be a dick 

6. Please, for the love of god, READ THE MENU! There are people that come in and ask, "Do you have this, do you have that," and then get annoyed and frustrated at me because I keep saying no. Well, if you actually looked at the menu, you would see that that is all that we serve. If its not on the menu, or displayed anywhere in the restaurant, then we don't have it. Once again, don't get up the servers, we don't decide what to sell and what not to sell. We just take your order and deliver your food, Thats it, period.

7. Just order a blood dish on the menu... please. 
"Can I have Special Beef Noodle Soup, without the onions, shallots, and herbs on top. Change the pho noodle to egg noodle. I only want a little bit of noodle, so small size please, with extra meat to replace the noodles. Put the rare beef on a separate plate. Make sure you cook the noodles for a long time as well, I like my noodles really soft. Don't put any of the soup oil into it and I'd like a bit of extra soup. Also put some spring onion heads in." 
That isn't even an exaggeration. I'm dead fucking serious. Its fine to add or take 1 or two things. But if you're going to change the whole dish... why don't you just eat at home... I honestly find this so incredibly rude. I've never done that once in my life because I was taught that you're giving the people who are working a hard time. Now I can actually understand the feeling... As a server, we are happy to make sure that the food you eat is to your liking. But there is definitely a limit to this.


8. Don't just walk by and take something from a restaurant. Whether it is cutlery or chairs or whatever the hell you can think of. It's just retarded. You might not know this, but restaurants don't have an unlimited supply of everything. It also costs us a decent amount of money to be continually replacing things that are stolen. We have stupid fucking bogan children come by and take chopsticks. We have old men come by, take our knives to use in whatever way they please, and put it back (while it is dirty) into the cutlery container. Just don't... It's just so rude.

9. Decide what you're going to eat before you call a server over. We have other things to do, and we can't always be standing at your table for 10 minutes for you to decide or argue with other people on what you're going to get. Don't make us stay. Imagine how you feel if the fuckers that came in before you did that. And it ended up taking an extra 15 minutes for the server to get to you and take your order. You wouldn't like that would you. No, so don't do it.

10. Just Don't treat the servers like shit. Until you've actually worked as a waiter or waitress, you can not ever really understand how crappy it feels. Don't lash out on them if you've had a bad day. They probably have had a long day running left and right and having to deal with complete demeaning assholes. So give them a break. I feel that after I've been a waitress for so long, encountering the most retarded people you can possible encounter (inala), I'm always really empathetic towards other servers. I always try and be nice and tip them if I see that they're having a long day. For me, whenever a really nice customer comes in and is very kind to and polite to me, it just makes my whole day better. I always end up thanking them for the hard work, I always show them respect and I'm always sure to smile. It really does make a difference. If a customer is being a real dick to you, it can bring you down so fast. But if someone is being nice to you, it just blows everything away.

Fuck... that feels a lot better. Needed that rant/vent so badly ^^ 
I guess a lot of these things irritate me a lot because I was always taught to do these things throughout my whole childhood. The moral of the story is just, "don't be a dickbag," and that's it. I feel as though a good number of people aren't aware of the other people around them. We need more empathy and understanding in this world. A lot of these things seems to just be because people are lacking these qualities. I don't know why you need to give people such hard times. I feel so guilty doing it, I don't know how it's so normal to people.

Don't get me wrong here, I love serving people and I'm so grateful for my job. It's just some of the people that drive me insane. 

0 comments: