TOP NEWS

Reaching For Clear Skies.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Peppy Update

I'm starting to call Pepper, "Peppy" a lot more lately. I got her vet Checked today. It turns out she had a sinus problem like I suspected and she had a few common birdy diseases that I'm currently giving her treatment for. I booked a session on Thursday afternoon to meet a lady who has a flock of 4, 8 weeks old, full grey cockatiels. I want peppy to have a companion to play with all day. It would be best to get the birdy now, so that I can also get a quick vet check and put that new bird on the same medication as Peppy is currently on so that I don't need to quarantine the two. It is going to be an expensive week gee. 

The only problem that I am currently having is that birdys generally don't get DNA checked because it is apparently expensive. So if I get a male, there are new things I need to introduce to reduce the chances of having fertile eggs. I wouldn't mind a nest a year during the breeding season, but constant egg popping will kill me. Even if I don't have time to hand raise the chicks (if the new cockatiel is a male), I can just let Peppy raise it and sell it as aviary birds. Even if the new one is male, it will take a while before any horniness kicks in since it will only be 8 weeks old. So all I'm worried about now is making sure the both will be sickness free and whether or not they will get along. Money wouldn't really be a problem because I will be working a lot due to my dad's business trip. I will probably be making a lot of coffee... I'm excited =3

flock of babies

0 comments: