TOP NEWS

Reaching For Clear Skies.

Monday, March 9, 2015

Boyfriend

Guys and girls are completely different. Both mentally, physically and emotionally. It got me thinking.
"what makes someone an amazing significant other?"

Obviously there is no such thing as the 'perfect' girlfriend or boyfriend. There is always something missing or wrong. As much as you don't want people to expect you to be perfect, you shouldn't expect someone else to be perfect right? I think mistakes are good, as long as you actively try and learn from them. I think that the perfect boyfriend isn't the boyfriend that knows exactly what to do when and where you need or want him to do so. The perfect boyfriend isn't the guy that can sweet talk you, the guy that currently wants to give you all of his attention, or the guy that pampers you with romantic gifts. 

Though, I do admit that I dream of a guy like that due to all the romance manga and stories I've read throughout my teenage years. I do dream of that tall, ripped/tonned guy that surprised me with flowers, chocolate, ramen or scented candles randomly without a reason to. I do dream of the guy that rushes to the door to open it for me and the guy that always makes sure to pull out a chair for me before sitting down himself. The guy that is never afraid to show the world that I belong to him and that he belongs to me. It's just that I find that its cruel to expect someone to be any of that, let alone all of it. I don't think that a relationship isn't about finding the perfect guy. It's about finding an imperfect guy and trying to understand and accept them as much as they do for you. Obviously there will be changes that are needed in order for harmony to ensue. There will be habits from both sides that will drive the other insane. Sometimes it might just be plain old inexperience. Adjustments here and there are needed and communication is key. 

Communicate with the other party on what your needs are. You are you and your needs are important in feeling happy which in turn effects the development of the relationship. The other party has the responsibility to listen and consider what they need to do as a significant other. As much as your needs are important, your significant other's needs are JUST, if not more, important than yours. So as much as your partner tries to make you happy and fulfilled, you must also do the same. Its all about balance. It's bad to do too much, as you would naturally want the same in return, but it is also bad to do too little as that will upset your partner. 

Balance, Communication, Patience and Being Understand is key
(in my opinion)

Dear Denne,
    Though you are nowhere near being the PERFECT boyfriend, in my eyes, you are beyond the best boyfriend I can ask for. Though you are not used to having to worry about the needs of another person, though you are not used to having the reciprocate the efforts of others, though you are so derpy that you can so easily forget anything and everything in regards to anything we have ever discussed about, I couldn't really ask for anything more. You have tried so hard for me and I appreciate every bit of effort involved. Whenever I talk to you about an issue, you've become more and more understanding towards how I feel. Though many times, its hard for you to sympathize, you still try your hardest to understand. Sometimes its hard to stay mad at you because of that stupid face you make. Whether you still don't understand, or you have grasp the concept, you still hug me tightly and comfort me. You have tried really hard to come to understand what makes me feel loved (Quality time). Since acts of service is the way you feel and express love, it's hard for you to understand what exactly my love language is and how the hell you even give it to me. What makes it harder is that you have not gotten close to someone who wants quality time. But you still try. You admit that you fucked up and you admit that it slipped your mind. You hug me and turn right back around for another try. After I had time to reflect and think. I think that I wasn't really attracted to the way you treated me (well not completely). It was more of how derpy and absentminded you were, yet you still tried so hard to do things right and make me happy. To do me right. That cheeky smile you have on when you know you're doing something romantic. That disappointing expression you have when you understand what went wrong. The 'I'm sorry' expression, hug and kiss. That excited demeanor when we are going on an adventure or are doing something new. The playful smile you have that tells me we the next 5 hours will be full of crude or terrible jokes and puns. And last but not least, the sulky expression that only I can see, when you want me to spoil and pamper you to no tomorrow. 

I love you dearly. There is no real expression I can use to show how much you mean to me. Maybe, "My love for you is like the universe, it is waste and ever expanding," but that is a tad bit too corny hahas. You mean more than the world to me. I don't know where the future will take us, whether our roads will continue to run along side by side, or if our paths are going to diverge, but I know that in this moment, there is nothing that matters to me more than you do. I hope you know that everyday, I will work towards being a better me and a better partner, not only for me, but for you also. So that I can provide  you with all the love you need in whatever form it is that you desire. So that I, in turn, can also be an amazing girlfriend for you. 

With love, 
   Your Kitty.


0 comments: